12:32 AM Edit This 2 Comments »
I don’t have much to say these days, but I can say enough to tell you why…

When I began writing, my good friend and mentor, Teal, told me that often it is difficult to write when we feel good, because we are busy feeling good, and don’t think to write. When we are feeling bad or going through unpleasant times, we come back inside of ourselves to reflect on our pain or conflict, and there we find words that become the art that we share.


I would like to be the kind of person who can express the good days and the bad days; I see the beauty in both. But maybe on the good days, we share the beauty during the experience, with the people we are sure can validate our positivity-- and then on bad days, the beauty is in the process, by which we find the words that are worth sharing. I never want to share my sadness, just the beautiful real that I experience in it.

But right now, I just want to keep living the pure, sweet, simple, pleasant life--while it lasts. Thanks to those of you who share that part. The rest of you will have more to experience when this time has ended…

2 comments:

AJ Harbison said...

Hey Courtney Patino,
I'm glad to see that you've joined the world of blogging. (I refuse to include myself and Mike and my brother and probably you within the term "blogosphere.") I look forward to reading more of your posts. But for now, to reply to your post, a quote from the late great composer Franz Schubert:

"My music is the product of my talent and my misery. And that which I have written in my greatest distress is what the world seems to like best."

The more I see of such things, the more this seems to be the way of the world in all art. But as you said, often it's because the sorrow in our lives illuminates better what is real for us, perhaps more than the happiness. As Agent Smith says in The Matrix, "Human beings define their reality through suffering and misery." But only for a time....

AJ
<><
http://the-matrix-has-you.blogspot.com

Mike Morabito said...

Courtney, your ability to live out the real is an inspiriation. Honesty is your reality - you represent yourself in the moment in a true and wholesome way.

I find that I like to write when I am the happiest because I feel free to let my thoughts explode out of my mind. Then they get shot out feverishly through my fingers onto the keyboard. And I'm always hoping that I might move fast enough with my fingers that I will capture every stray thought, emotion, every word and puntuation that is firing in my mind.

Although sometimes I like to write in the midst of sadness about the little light that seemingly shines through even though things seem so bleak in the moment.

Also, sometimes I feel constrained to write/blog about philisophical topics. Sometimes it makes my heart beat real fast and I wake up feeling weird because I didn't chill right before I went to bed.

It can also be too difficult to post when my thoughts fight against themselves because i'm too sleepy to write.

Good Day,
-Mike Morabito