2:01 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
I would like to congratulate myself on having completed a new poem, the first of its kind in my work in that it is split into two stanzas, and in that it is not written in sadness. I did not think the second possible, and definitely did not think the first possible in light of the second. I will be presenting it in the form of a reading this weekend, which seems to me for some reason an acceptable excuse not to publish it here yet. I think that I am unprepared to give it up in written form yet... there is a danger in giving people the opportunity to read, reread, scrutinize, analyze. I would let you do these things to past art, I have detached from them sufficiently. but this is new, these words fresh, still deeply connected through the neural framework to my soul. So, you cannot have them yet. Someday.

Anyway, yay for me. I have created, for the first time in a long time. It feels like a freedom I had forgotten.

1 comment:

AJ Harbison said...

Hey C-Pat,
Props! Hooray for creation after a dry spell... (Hmm.... How do you think God felt, creating the whole universe after eternity past?)

I know what you mean about not letting people see fresh things, although I feel like my motivation might be a little less profound. I've recently completed a song called "Who I Am," which I think is one of my best songs, and quite clever at that. But I've been hesitant to post the lyrics because I don't want to spoil it for people--I'd rather them hear it live first. Like on November 17th, for example, when you're going to come hear me in concert. :D

AJ
<><