My Love Drives Nature to Jealous Antics

10:33 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Silver, Gold, Diamonds
The jewelry of a fickle goddess
Exposed here mid afternoon
Washed out as ready to faint

Maybe it is only glare
But perhaps she is sickened
At my secret other satisfaction
Oh the Vanity of Nature!

I told her I had seen a lovelier view
I told her I had tasted a sweeter fruit
I told her I had felt a warmer touch
Than her Sun’s distant glow could offer

Pale she is this afternoon
Desaturating the yellow of sky
Fading the blue-green water
Jealous, the bitter lover schemes

Swearing my return
She winks her thousand eyes at sea
Kisses my lips to leave a salty sting

And maybe she has lured back
The hearts of pale romantics
And the fools or simple hearted
With these embarrassing dramatics

But I will not be taken
For now, I know a truer beauty
A soul: a kaleidoscope of treasures
Pouring pleasure into my own

His heart has redefined the spectrum
Intensity must be rescaled
My senses wake to a foreign language
But my own heart knows it well

My love is more handsome than her finest sunset
My love is more satisfying than her finest valley’s offerings
My love delights my heart with his mind, body, and spirit
His affection drowns out the song of her most calculated breeze

No comments: