Transit and Libraries: Public Rocks

11:13 PM Edit This 4 Comments »
I'm back on the bus again, after months in my little antisocial bubble. The best part of riding the bus for the last couple days is that I have finally almost finished reading A Passage to India, a seriously great book by E.M. Forster that takes place during the British occupation of India. It is so good, and now that I have finally gotten past the part that I have read to 3 times now over the last 3 years, it is even better!

Next stop, the Fullerton Public Library, to pick up some new novels for free. Embrace the free world with me, friends. But don't just do it because I said so, because it turns out that communism with a boss is fascism. Hahaha.

C

4 comments:

AJ Harbison said...

I too love the Fullerton Public Library, although part of me wishes that libraries in California didn't suck so bad compared to libraries in Colorado. But at least the Fullerton one is better than the Redlands one.

While you're there, pick up some good kids' books (Dr. Seuss and William Steig are your best bets). There is nothing like a good children's book.

AJ
<><

Mike Morabito said...

Courtney, you are so cool.

Remind me to meet you at the fullerton library sometime soon. I feel like my fullerton library card is still reconized by the kind citizens of that city even though I moved away. So that is good.

Also, riding the bus and using the public transportation will be something we should totally do when we are in different cities on our trip.

-Mike

Idhrendur said...

I feel like I've never been able to find the Fullerton Public Library, even with google maps giving directions.

But I also feel like an alumni association membership from CSUF can net you a function library card to the Pollack Library.

I also feel like the las time I wrote this comment, it ended up as a blog post over on my blog. Strange.

Narisilme said...

I'm so happy you feel the same way about buses. I hope we get the opportunity to ride buses together. Nowhere in particular.