Mix of the Month-May: Based on a True Story

6:00 PM Edit This 5 Comments »
May's Mix is a sadder mix for me. This mix is based on a true story of a love that was many things to me, but never right. It is a story of what I wanted love to be, what I needed love to be, and in the end, what it never could be for me. It was a love that ended as it began, and it is the end of that love that this story is about. The slow awakening to the death of a thing, a fight, and a mourning. Finally a healing and a new awakening.

This mix is for who still aren't sure why love songs can be sad songs. For those who don't yet know why Chris Martin's voice is so sad, and who don't think that Fake Plastic Love makes any sense, and think we're all just being dramatic. This mix is from me, to you, and the feelings are real.

And for those who know it all too well, but could never put a tune to it--this mix is for you.


Based on a True Story
Compiled by Courtney Patino

Your Eyes Open – Keane
Fix You – Coldplay
Tangerine – Led Zeppelin
Comfortable – John Mayer
That Particular Time- Alanis Morissette
Stay or Leave – Dave Matthews
Nice to Know You – Incubus
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground – The White Stripes
Fake Plastic Trees – Radiohead
Two More Years – Bloc Party
Congratulations – Blue October, Imogen Heap
Run – Snow Patrol

5 comments:

AJ Harbison said...

A little less known to me, this one is--but I still recognize more artists than on Mike's mixes. And "Fix You," of course, is greatness. I really like that Incubus song too. I take it the Snow Patrol song is from one of their other albums--how many do they have, and which ones should I buy? ;)

AJ
<><

Mike Morabito said...

Courtney, this mix is sad and somewhat hard to listen to for me (although it is good music) but I'm thankful for a new awakening in your life that God has brought about.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Courtney said...

Well, AJ, I'm glad you gave my list a read, and I definitely think you should be listening to the stuff that you're not familiar with... because that's how we grow as members of the music loving community. I'm stoked about your new music blog. I think it will be great for you and your readers.

As for the Patrol, I believe they have 3 albums, of which I have 2. "Final Straw" is awesome. A little edgier sound than their newer album. Worth a full listen. I lived inside that album for a long time.

Peace.

jmap82 said...

Hey there Sisto-Face. Beautiful mix. I was actually surprised by some of the artists on there... I guess you've been listening to more music than I gave you credit for ;)... I love you! Keep rocking!