I will never be the same

9:23 PM Edit This 4 Comments »


It feels just like this (ignore the ad, it's worth the wait. watch the whole thing.)

My days end in fireworks and I hug decorated elephants and make up the rules to risk and have 14 young boys tell me "goodnight, we love you" as they fall asleep.

I have not stopped smiling all day.

I could get used to being this happy. I am very okay with it. It doesn't mean I'm not dangerous. It doesn't mean I'm forgetting where I've been and that I'm broken. But I am more than that. And it is time to be glad about it. To live now and let Love in.

Sparkles fall like fairy dust and I am not afraid of magic. Call it fire and I tell you it burns with more energy than you've ever met. I think maybe my heart is made of fireworks. Maybe I should get that checked out. But I'd hate to become some medical project. Why don't we just keep it our gigantic secret.


4 comments:

AJ Harbison said...

C-Pat, I love the way you write. I'm not afraid of magic either but I feel like decorated elephants might be slightly more scary. I might have enjoyed the video better if the singer had a better voice. ;)

AJ
<><

Courtney said...

Maybe SOMEONE who happens to be a ROCK STAR should remake the song for all of our enjoyment. :) Although maybe the very humble voice adds to how much I enjoy the humble simplicity of the song.

Am I saying you're too good for it? Maybe I am.

'glad you're not afraid of magic.

C

Idhrendur said...

I'm a big fan of magic. Of course, a sense of awe and wonder is one of the traits I admire most in a person. This is from a person who was distracted by the way light shimmered off the surface of his soup, showing how the surface was rippling from the heat below. Distracted for several minutes. Ah, how I love creation!

Well, in the real reason I started writing a comment, you should read my latest blog post. It has some links I think you might appreciate. The second I've mentioned to you before. The first is crazy beyond measure (in a heavy, heartbreaking kind of way).

And I hope to be able to hang out with you and all the peoples again sometime. It was awesome!

Mike Morabito said...

Courtney, I will never be the same. I love your heart made of fireworks. Sometimes I feel like I can see the explosions even in your eyes. Sweet.

Courtney, you inspire me. I still hear music in my head when we hang out together. If you heart is made of fireworks, my head must be made of a DMB concert. Is that ok? I hope so cause I am really enjoying it.

Getting to know you has been awesome! You are so special on so many levels.

-Mike